Sunday, June 16, 2013

31 weeks!!

I know it's been a while since my last update.  I'm half ashamed since I promised to keep things up to date here for any one who is going thru the same situation, but the other half of me is happy, because it means there's not much to have to report!

I had one more ultrasound, everything still looked great.  IUD was still in the fundus of my uterus.  Baby was growing spot on in the 50% for everything.  My OB told me that he's now feeling so confident in my situation right now that he doesn't care for me to have another monthly scan.  He does want one more ultrasound before my due date, just to be certain everything is still the same.  I also got to skip this month's blood test since my platelet count was so good at my gestational diabetes test.  But next month I'll have to go every week until delivery.

Something interesting to note is that my OB offered me to have a meeting with an anesthetist, just in case I wanted to talk to someone about pain relief this time around.  My OB knows I want a natural and drug-free birth, but I wonder if he has no faith in me.  I declined the offer, but a part of me wants to meet with one, even if just to ask some questions about what already happened, not necessarily about future use of an epidural.  I'm seeing my OB bi-weekly now, so maybe I'll ask again next week.

We picked a name for our little man!  It meets all of the criteria we set out.  It doesn't start with an S, like our other two children, it can't really be shortened, and it's not terribly popular.

Preston Robert Johnson!

That's all for now.  I have a few other things I'd like to write about, but they are only indirectly related to my pregnancy.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad baby Preston is growing well and that you are both healthy. I'm also trying to do a natural birth and I feel that people are very negative about it - "You'll end up screaming for the drugs" or "Why try to be a hero?" I wonder why the default is drugs. I'd like to see if my body is strong enough to get me through my birth naturally, rather than assume it's going to be too much. I'm looking into hypnobirthing classes, which sound interesting. But at the end of the day, healthy babies are the goal! :)

    ReplyDelete